Genrep is positioned for significant growth and we are looking for a dedicated Field Service Mechanic with expertise in Diesel engines.
- Visit various client sites to service, maintain, and repair engines, generators, and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Perform troubleshooting and prepare diagnoses for mechanical and electrical issues as required.
- Perform Mega Ohm Meter and Load Bank testing as required.
- Communicate essential feedback from customers to the Sales and Management teams
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers and customer representatives
- Maintain good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and maintain specific levels of activity to ensure adequate revenue
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/work-space/van and ensure tools and equipment are always in good working order
- Uphold a strong safety culture, performing duties in a safe and effective manner that follows all Genrep, provincial, and federal safety standards and guidelines
- Maintain the Genrep image of professionalism and customer-orientation with a consistent level of tidiness (e.g. clean uniform, clean truck)
- Act as a role model to Jr. Service Technicians and apprentices
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience working with diesel engines and gensets.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience
- Understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance is preferred
- Electrical, Diesel and Fuel Oil license is an asset
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s licence, maintain a clean driving record and be willing to provide an annual driver’s abstract upon employment
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly; ability to work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours (while driving)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English (French communication skills would be an asset)
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office and social media tools (texting, skype, etc.)
- Working standard hours of 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Working overtime hours as needed (at overtime pay rate)
- Working on-call as needed during the weekends (at shift premium pay rate)
- Travelling within GTA to visit client sites daily. May be required to travel to farther locations within Ontario from time to time.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.