Genrep is positioned for significant growth and we are currently looking for enthusiastic Genset Field Service Technicians. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engine and/or generator repair with genset fuel systems including diesel and natural gas. We are looking for people with experience in delivering high-quality customer service, excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Service, maintain and repair generators, engines and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Perform Meggar and Load Bank testing as required.
- Maintain good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work In order to maintain specific levels of activity to ensure adequate revenue
- Contribute essential feedback from customers to the sales and management teams
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers and customer representatives
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/work-space/van and ensure tools and equipment are always in good working order
- Uphold a strong safety culture, performing duties in a safe and effective manner and following all Genrep, provincial and federal safety standards and guidelines
- Maintain the Genrep image of professionalism and customer-orientation with a consistent level of tidiness (e.g. clean uniform, clean truck)
- Act as a role model to Jr. Service Technicians and apprentices
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in a similar industrial engine/generator service capacity is essential
- In-depth understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance
- EGSA Certification
- Electrical, Diesel and OBT1 license is an asset
- 309A, PM-3, 310T and 310S licenses are an asset
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence, maintain a clean driving record and be willing to provide an annual driver’s abstract
- Can physically lift up to 100 lbs. repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours (while driving)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English (plus French would be an asset)
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office and social media tools (texting, Skype, etc.)
Genrep LTD/LTEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values workplace diversity and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.