Genrep is positioned for significant growth and we are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals with experience in delivering high-quality customer service, excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Assemble generators, power units, and related equipment and accessories according to Genrep’s quality expectation
- Basic Mechanical assembly and fabrication
- Troubleshoot Equipment and Generator Components including Alternators, Wiring Harnesses, Safety Devices, and Battery Systems
- Apply proper Engine Technical Skills in Inspection, Failure Analysis, Diagnosis, and Operating Performance Tasks
- Working with Sheet Metal: drilling, cutting and welding
- Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment within the facility
- Functionally test generators, power units, and other diesel and natural gas engine based systems
- Understand and make daily efforts to prioritize and address key Performance Indicators: 1) Deliveries and Deadlines 2) Cost Reduction 3) Efficiency and Productivity
- Maintain a clean and organized shop and work-space
- Maintain shop equipment to ensure they operate safe and well, and alert their supervisor as soon as repairs or scheduled maintenance is required
- Always perform duties in a safe and effective manner and follow all Genrep and Provincial/Federal safety standards and guidelines
- Uphold the expected Genrep image: Clean uniform, clean truck, etc.
- Support the Warehouse team with material handling related activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required by business need
- Follow all company policies and procedures
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with relevant, formal training in engines, fabrication, mechanical technologies and/or electrical technologies is beneficial
- Candidates with Electrician and/or Millwright certifications and/or training are an asset for this position
- Preference will be given to applicants with formal training in generators
- Previous experience working in: production/assembly/fabrication/machining in an industrial engine/generator industry is beneficial
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitudes are considered assets.
- A commitment to safety
- Highly organized and structured approach to completing tasks
- Team player with a desire to learn
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS office, at a basic level, is required
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Team player with excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
- Can physically lift up to 50lbs. repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours
- Solid experience using hand and power tools
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
GENREP LTD/LTEE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.