Genrep is positioned for significant growth and we are currently looking for a diligent and committed Production Lead. The ideal candidate will be an experienced operations-professional who understands the value of planning and processes and takes a disciplined approach to execution while working closely and effectively with health and safety, operations, maintenance, inventory management, performance, and leadership.
- Assemble components of generator and engine
- Troubleshoot equipment and generator components, including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices and battery systems
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/workspace following all Genrep and Provincial/Federal safety standards and guidelines
- Can physically lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours
- Lead team of Technicians, from a functional perspective
- Ensure the assembly of Assemblies adheres to all drawings and bill of materials
- Ensure all quality standards are met and exceeded
- Ensure all relevant product data is accurate
- Document any design and material changes reported during assembly
- Maintain manufacturing procedures for product
- Develop and maintain the manufacturing process resources (people, tools, process)
- Ensure proper oral and written communication with the team
- Ensure assembly technicians maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Ensure the proper use & maintenance of all shop equipment used in the assembly process
- Leadership: Provides direct oversight for production team. Embraces best practices, processes and tools to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs are best in class. Understands the value of quality control and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices in processing to ensure product remains within specifications as it is received by our customers.
- Planning: Ensures the operations delivers exceptional customer service and delivery schedules. Develops plans to continuously improve productivity and reduce costs. Ensures all projects are delivered on-time, to specification, and on-budget. Maintain internal resources for flawless execution of projects.
- Inventory Management: Responsible for care and control of shop supplies.
- Health and Safety: Assist in the implementation and compliance of Genrep’s Health, Safety and Environment Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Genrep operations. Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the, OSHA and Genrep guidelines, standards and advisories. Pursues a culture of safety that is best in class with an objective of “zero” injuries or incidents. Actively engages with the employees to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Project Management: Manage various projects including production builds. Monitor deliverables and provide project leadership to involved team members.
- Facility Image: Maintain the facility in an organized, clean, and presentable image. Looking to 5S for guidelines and benchmarks.
- Coaching & Mentoring: to achieve success.
- Association Involvement: Promotes Genrep’s interests and communicates in a manner which upholds Genrep as a good corporate citizen. Represent the company in internal and external activities and events.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Possession of a Millwright certificate
- 3-5 years of recent hands-on production leadership experience
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Experience with automotive parts, industrial engines, and/or generators is an asset
- Ability to read engineering drawings is a required
- Strong knowledge of ERP/MRP application is required Epicor experience an asset
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and meet deadlines with a deep attention to detail
- A commitment to health and safety
- Must be able to operate with a sense of urgency
- Excellent leadership skills, must be able to motivate others and provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Genrep LTD/LTEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values workplace diversity and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.