The Production Technician is directly responsible for the mechanical and electrical assembly of SENECA brand generators and their associated components and parts, as well as the assembly of power units and other power generation products, as might be specified by the Production Manager.
- Assemble components of generator and engine
- Troubleshoot equipment and generator components, including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices and battery systems
- Read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/work-space following all Genrep and Provincial/Federal safety standards and guidelines
- Maintain equipment to ensure safe operation and communicate deficiencies
- Follow all Genrep policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required by business needs
DESIRED, SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Experience with automotive parts, industrial engines, and/or generators is an asset
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and meet deadlines with a deep attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Can physically lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours
Genrep LTD/LTEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values workplace diversity and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.