Company Safety Policy
Genrep is committed to ensuring that practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, suppliers, the environment, and the public in all areas of our operations. Management will take reasonable care to provide all mechanical, physical, and training resources required for personal safety and health. In fulfilling this commitment to protect people, property and environment, management will provide a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements. We will strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in property damage, accidents or personal injury/illness.
We recognize that the responsibilities for health and safety are shared within our organization. A successful Health and Safety Program must start with proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of management, employees and sub-contractors. It requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between management, employee and sub-contractor, but also between each employee/sub-contractor and his or her fellow employees/sub-contractors. By working together, employees, sub-contractors and management can keep the workplace accident free.
- Management will be responsible and held accountable for providing a safe work environment with proper equipment, training and procedures.
- Management will endeavor to provide and maintain a safe work environment and requires that its personnel, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers plan and design safety into each of their operations.
- All employees and sub-contractors have the right to work in a safe environment.
- All employees and subcontractors will be responsible for following all rules, practices, policies, procedures, adhering to government regulations, working safely and whenever possible, enhancing the safety program by suggesting improvements to practices and procedures, exposing hazards and taking appropriate corrective measures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job, is expected for excellence in health and safety performance.
- We will provide proper equipment and personal protective equipment (unless otherwise stipulated in contracts and/or PPE policy), as well as the appropriate procedures and training for proper use of equipment and personal protective equipment.
- We will ensure all activities performed by the company and its employees/sub-contractors will meet or exceed applicable Provincial and Federal regulations together with those of the industry.
- We also ensure the Health and Safety Policy is enforced by regular audits, reviews and inspections, with documentation stored at the main office.
The reputation of Genrep is another of our most valued assets. The company expects and requires employees to commit their best efforts to the company’s success, so that our customers receive services of superior value, which they deserve and expect.
Our objective in this Health and Safety Program is to continue to maintain a workplace that is free of accidents and injuries; and, to ensure that all employees are provided the knowledge to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
** The safety information in this policy does not take precedent over applicable government legislation with which all employee/sub-contractors should be familiar.
Jay Da Silva