GENREP has been a provider of Power Product solutions to Canadian businesses since 1983. Starting as a Service organization focused on maintaining Emergency Standby Generators, we have grown to an organization that provides end to end Generator and Engine solutions.
Our experienced Service technicians are thoroughly trained on maintenance and repair for natural gas-and-diesel powered engines and generators, transfer switches, and fuel systems. Also in the field, we have a projects team that supports our customers’ needs for turnkey generator and fuel system installations. Our solutions are cost effective and leverage our field experience to ensure our customers receive a solution that works.
A Field Service Technician is directly responsible for performing Field Service activities (as defined below). The Field Service Technician will visit various client sites to service, maintain, and repair generators, engines, and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Service, maintain and repair generators, engines and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Perform Megger and Load Bank testing as required. Perform troubleshooting and prepare diagnoses for mechanical and electrical issues as required.
- Maintain good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work In order to maintain specific levels of activity to ensure adequate revenue
- Contribute essential feedback from customers to the sales and management teams
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers, and customer representatives
- Maintain a clean and organized shop/workspace/van and ensure tools and equipment are always in good working order.
- Uphold a strong safety culture, performing duties in a safe and effective manner that follows all Genrep, provincial, and federal safety standards and guidelines.
- Maintain the Genrep image of professionalism and customer-orientation with consistent level of tidiness (e.g. clean uniform, clean truck).
- Other duties as required.
Shift Time: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Hourly Wage: 25 – 45/hourly
Location: Nepean, On
Report to: Field Service Supervisor
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience in a similar industrial engine/generator/electrical service capacity is essential.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience.
- Understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance.
- Possess or working towards EGSA Certification.
- Electrical, Diesel and OBT1 license is an asset.
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s licence, maintain a clean driving record and be willing to provide an annual driver’s abstract upon employment.
- Ability to physically lift to 50 lbs repeatedly; can work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours (while driving).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English (French communication skills would be an asset).
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office and social media tools (texting, skype, etc.).
Why Join Genrep Ltd.?
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Premiums + Overtime Available
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- RRSP Matching
- Boot + Tool Allowance
If you are interested in this Field Service Technician position, please send in your resume and you will be contacted directly.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Genrep LTD/LTEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values workplace diversity and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.