Since 1983, GENREP has been providing generator solutions to Canadians. As the distributor of SENECA GENERATORS, we are uniquely equipped to solve all your power generation needs. We design and supply complete systems including fuel storage, exhaust, sound attenuation, transfer switches and switchgear.
Genrep is the exclusive Canadian distributor for two world leaders in Diesel Engine technology, FPT IVECO and DOOSAN/DAEWOO, and the Ontario and Quebec distributor for MITSUBISHI DIESEL ENGINES. Our engine team is ready to work with OEM’s of any size to come up with the best engine solution to meet your power, size, technology and cost requirements.
Genrep is positioned for significant growth, and we are looking for an office-based Business Development professional to join the Sales Organization. The Generator Sales – Western Ontario role will work with Marketing and the Regional Sales Manager to help identify, quote, manage, and close on new business opportunities. You will help evolve our Sales culture through your technical knowledge, high energy, and sales hunter personality.
- Support the sales process by developing solutions to support our customers. This involves aligning and specifying our Genset and Engine product offerings to match the customer’s requirements and specifications.
- Develop quotations, proposals, and bids to support the regional sales managers.
- Understand the product and pricing requirements of our markets.
- Work with marketing to qualify, prospect, quote and close new target customers that are not assigned to regional sales managers through office-based sales activities.
- Business development activities exploring ad identifying new market opportunities.
- Instill a sense of urgency within the organization for meeting our customer’s needs.
- Deliver the best-in-class solutions to your customers.
- Leverage effective communication to align internal and external expectations.
- Participate in forecasting and strategic planning.
- Ensure excellent customer service by troubleshooting and responding to customer inquiries.
- Build internal Genrep relationships with department stakeholders and delegate appropriately amongst the internal team, in an effort to efficiently achieve Genrep volume and income objectives.
- Uphold a strong safety culture; perform duties in a safe and effective manner and follow all Genrep, provincial and federal safety standards and guidelines.
- Manage multiple priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers, and customer representatives.
- Follow and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Work hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo, Guelph, London
Report to: Manager, Power Product Sales
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Demonstrated industry experience is essential as well as previous success in a sales hunter role.
- A high level of energy with proven ‘hunter’ approach to sales execution.
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in business management, marketing or engineering.
- Outstanding business acumen with an ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in the Generator and/or Engines industry is required.
- Working knowledge of generators, engines and parts is preferred – deep functional knowledge is not required.
- Awareness of TSSA, CSA rules and regulations is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills, you are not afraid to challenge and provide your opinion using an influential and collaborative approach.
- Exceptional team player with ability to build and develop teams.
- Goal oriented, energetically focusing efforts towards meeting priority objectives
- Proven skills at establishing and building key business partnerships both externally to drive revenue and internally to optimize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to meet expected business deadlines through highly developed organization, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- A commitment to safety.
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office is required.
If you are interested in the Generator Sales – Western Ontario position, please submit your resume, and we will contact you directly
Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!
GENREP LTD/LTEE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. APPLICANTS MAY FORWARD THEIR RESUME TO CAREERS@GENREP.COM. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES PARTICIPATING IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.