GENREP has been a provider of Power Product solutions to Canadian businesses since 1983. Starting as a Service organization focused on maintaining Emergency Standby Generators, we have grown to an organization that provides end-to-end Generator and Engine solutions.
Our experienced Service technicians are thoroughly trained on maintenance and repair for natural gas- and diesel-powered engines and generators, transfer switches, and fuel systems. Also in the field, we have a projects team that supports our customers’ needs for turnkey generator and fuel system installations. Our solutions are cost effective and leverage our field experience to ensure our customers receive a solution that works.
The Manager, Fuel Systems has the responsibility of leading Genrep’s fuel systems business from an operations and sales standpoint. Working with the Service team, the Manager, Fuel Systems will ensure the growth and day to day operations of Fuel team is executed following set targets, required process’ and guidelines. This includes ensuring proper sales growth, order management and scheduling, Job execution and scheduling, job profitability review and costs analysis. Working with the Fuel system Technicians, OBT1, etc. ensuring that the Service’s are being provided as agreed, quoted or contracted, following applicable regulations and codes as well as ensuring schedules and deliverables are met. The Manager, Fuel Systems will ensure processes as well as policies within the Fuel Systems business and strategies are implemented to ensure growth, profitability and execution are adhered to.
Parts, Estimating, Warehousing, Marketing, Human resources, IT, and Finance are third party service departments to the Fuel Systems business.
- Manage the growth of the Fuel Systems business by developing sales and operation strategies.
- Develop and deliver proposals for Fuel System business opportunities.
- Negotiate new business opportunities with customers .
- Review scope of work, tenders and contracts to ensure Genrep compliance when quoting and performing work.
- Ensure sales strategies are executed to meet set revenue and margin targets.
- Execute operational strategies to meet set operational targets.
- Ensure the profitability of the Fuel Systems business is in line with set expectations.
- Track key metrics for monitoring the Fuel Systems business including:
- Quote turn time
- Contract/Job execution
- Customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement growth budgets including personnel, vehicles, trailers, and other tools required for the Fuel Systems Business.
- Responsible for day to day management, including recruitment and performance management, for the following direct reports: OBT, Fuel Technicians, Project Coordinators.
- Assess, Select, and Develop third party suppliers and contractors to support the Fuel Systems Business.
- Build technician profile including compensation, training, certification, performance metrics, and tooling expectations.
- Ensure Genrep’s policy and procedures are observed and updated as required.
- Work with parts and warehouse to develop supply chain strategies to support your business needs including Kanban programs and Truck Stock.
- Maintain in depth familiarity with a relevant codes and regulations (CSA-282, TSSA, B139, etc.).
- Ensure Genrep’s work is compliant with all relevant codes and regulations.
- Identify employee training requirements, and make training arrangements as required
- Other duties as required.
Shift Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Ottawa, On or North York, On
Report to: Director, Service
Desired Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Post‐secondary education in Business or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with fuel oil systems and/or petroleum systems
- 5+ years of experience in field service, maintenance, property management and/or heavy equipment
- 5+ years of experience in Management
- 5+ years of working with the required codes and regulations such as O. Reg. 213/01 and the CSA B139 and B138
- Familiarity with generators, engines, and their associated parts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Fluency, both written and oral, in English
Why Join Genrep Ltd.?
- Competitive Salary
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- RRSP Matching
If you are interested in this Manager, Fuel Systems position, please send in your resume and you will be contacted directly.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Genrep LTD/LTEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values workplace diversity and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Genrep has a team atmosphere where we encourage and support each other, while being committed to the success of our customers.
We communicate honestly with each other creating an open, transparent and trust-based environment. We inspire creativity and innovation throughout the company. We believe that superior service to our customers depends on making the most of our people through encouragement, job enrichment and challenging opportunities.